Kiltwalk – 26 September 2021 – Glasgow Are you up for a challenge that will directly benefit those affected by homelessness and poverty in Glasgow? Why not sign up for the Kiltwalk on 26th September and choose Glasgow City Mission as your charity? The funds you raise will be topped up by an incredible 50% by Sir Tom Hunter’s Foundation. In addition, if you are lucky there is a chance to win a brand new car from Arnold Clark! So, free money for the Mission and a potential free car for yourself! There are two walks to choose from:
- The Mighty Stride, which is 16.5 miles long, taking you from Glasgow Green to the Meadow Leisure Centre in Dumbarton.
- The Wee Wander, which also sets off from Glasgow Green but finishes at the Riverside Museum.
Sign up here! The Kiltwalk will be adhering to Scottish Government guidelines so they have made some significant changes to the event and will ask all participants to follow the following procedures:
- ARIVE AND GO – you will be given a time to arriv e, join a queue and commence your walk shortly after. There will be no warm up programme at the start.
- LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE – numbers will be restricted to adhere to Government guidance and maximise your safety on the day. We encourage you to sign up now to avoid disappointment.
- NO GATHERING – there are altered arrangements on the day to ensure that your group can stay socially distanced from others. To ensure this, we have had to remove concession stalls at the start and finish line venues.
- NO SPECTATORS – to ensure as many Kiltwalkers can participate as possible on the day, we are unable to accommodate spectators.
- MASK WEATING – masks are to be wore at all major Kiltwalk venues such as the start site, pit stops and upon entry to the end site.
- TRACK AND TRACE – it will be compulsory to scan the NHS track and trace QR code upon entry to your start venue.
- OTHER KEY CHANGES – to adhere to Government guidelines on mass events we’ve had to remove some asp;ects of the Kiltwalk event days including Charities at Pit Stops, Cheering points, Spectator access, Concession stalls at the start lines and Kiltwalk Village bar and services.