Harvest Appeal 2017
Harvest is a time when we give thanks to God for his goodness throughout the year, and share with others who are in need. Could you share your lunch with someone in Glasgow this Harvest?
A donation of £5 would enable a homeless or socially-isolated person to enjoy a wholesome lunch at Glasgow City Mission. Not only are they nourished physically, but also spiritually as they discover what God’s love looks like.
Would your church consider holding a Harvest offering this year, or asking your congregation to text ‘MEAL40 £5’ to 70070 to donate £5?
Show God’s love and goodness this Harvest by sharing the gift of lunch.
Additional creative ways your church, workplace or neighbours can share lunch this Harvest
Hold your own lunch event, make use of our recipe cards and games ideas, and ask for a suggested donation
Take part in a sponsored challenge – for every £5 you raise, someone in need at Glasgow City Mission can enjoy a nourishing lunch
Take a packed lunch to work for a week and donate the money you would have spent buying your lunch
For more ideas, download our fundraising toolkit or call 0141 221 2630.
More than just a lunch
"I’ve been coming to Glasgow City Mission since I became homeless. I've been homeless on and off for about 10 years. I've got my own place now - I come here to break the isolation. I use the computers and music room where we've been recording a song. I come to the bible study where you get encouraged in your Christian faith. And I'm struggling with money just now so I come here for the food."
- 175 people enjoy lunch at Glasgow City Mission every single week
- At our younger and older men’s lunch clubs, people can also enjoy meeting new friends, playing table tennis, doing the quiz, chat through issues with our team or even have their hair cut.
- There are 14 different nationalities that currently enjoy our Internationals lunch on Thursdays for refugees and asylum seekers. Afterwards, they learn English to help them integrate into Glasgow life.
- On Tuesdays, people learn how to prepare and cook their own lunch using tasty, healthy ingredients – essential life skills that help people live independently. Once cooked, we all sit down together and eat as a group.
Register now to get involved this year and make a real and lasting difference to people right here in Glasgow.
In return, we’ll send you:
- gift aid envelopes
- fundraising toolkit tips to make your event a success
- recipe cards
- kids' activity sheets
- games and ice breaker activities
- video clip to show at your event or harvest service
There are lots of ways we can be thankful for God’s provision this Harvest. Sharing your lunch with someone at Glasgow City Mission is just one.
Remember for every £5 you raise, someone at Glasgow City Mission can enjoy a nourishing lunch. Register now.