Please join with us in praying for those we serve. We long to see lives transformed, and for those that we work with to know and experience God’s love and mercy.
Monthly prayer events
Join with us on the second Saturday of each month at 2.30pm to pray for the work of Glasgow City Mission. All welcome. Venue: City Centre project, 20 Crimea St, Glasgow, G2 8PW. See our events listings for more.
We send out regular prayer emails, which contain prayer points along with news about our work to inform your prayers. Email us to start receiving these emails. Please include your full name and postcode when you email us. Your details are safe with us, we will not pass them onto any third parties and we will only send you the information which you have requested from us.
Our latest prayer points can be found below. They are also available to download here: June prayer points (pdf)
Pray with us
City Centre Project
* Give thanks that guests attending our Urban café have been finding work and securing college places and work placements. Others are keen to find employment. Please pray for good connections with local employers and that God would lead us to good opportunities for people.
* The Gathering is a time each Friday for guests, staff and volunteers to come together to eat, talk, pray and worship. Pray that through this time we would all experience, God’s love and that God would be healing past emotional hurts. Give thanks too that some of our guests are keen to go to church.
* One of our guests has secured a place in a residential rehab centre. Give thanks that he has decided to take this step, and pray that he would know God’s presence and strength during what will be a challenging time.
Child and Family Centre, Govan
* Give thanks that some of the parents who attend our discipleship group have been saying that they have learnt to love their children in new ways since attending the group. Pray that the Lord would help them in their struggles and the situations they face, that He would help them look to Him, and would strengthen them in their new-found faith.
* One of the ladies we work with who is from overseas has recently received the Right to Remain in the UK, for which we give thanks. Pray for her in this transition, as it will mean moving home and receiving a different set of benefits.
* Please pray for the recruitment process of a Project Worker for maternity cover at the Child and Family Centre, that we would get the right person for the role. Pray too for our staff at the Centre who are on maternity leave or who are about to start their maternity leave.