Please join with us in praying for those we serve. We long to see lives transformed, and for those that we work with to know and experience God’s love and mercy.
Monthly prayer events
Join with us on the second Saturday of each month at 2.30pm to pray for the work of Glasgow City Mission. All welcome. Venue: City Centre project, 20 Crimea St, Glasgow, G2 8PW. See our events listings for more.
We send out regular prayer emails, which contain prayer points along with news about our work to inform your prayers. Email us to start receiving these emails. Please include your full name and postcode when you email us. Your details are safe with us, we will not pass them onto any third parties and we will only send you the information which you have requested from us.
Our latest prayer news can be found below. This is also available as a pdf: December prayer points.
Pray with us
City Centre Project
* Give thanks that through our street outreach we are building trust with men and women who are street homeless. One of the people who we have known for many years and often connect with on the streets came to the Gathering - our weekly interactive church service - which he participated in.
* Please pray for one of our guests who is in hospital. Give thanks that they are improving and that Project Workers have been able to visit. Pray too for their family.
* Give thanks for God’s perfect provision – we prayed with one of our guests that they would receive the household items they needed, and within an hour someone had offered these items. This helped confirm to him that God is real and answers prayer.
* This can be a particularly difficult time of year for our guests, please do keep them in your prayers over the Christmas period.
Child and Family Centre, Govan
* Please pray that the Christmas meal we are organizing for the parents who come to our weekly coffee morning will be a blessing to them amidst what can be a stressful time. Please pray we will be able to adequately support the families we work with.
* The eight-week parenting course we run in partnership with NSPCC has gone well. Please pray that parents will sign up to the next course which will start in January. Pray that these courses will be of benefit to the whole family.
Glasgow Winter Night Shelter
* Already we are seeing answers to prayer with guests being found suitable accommodation. Give thanks for this and pray that it will continue. The night shelter only provides emergency, temporary accommodation and it is always our hope that guests will move on quickly to the accommodation to which they are entitled.
* Pray for the team of staff and volunteers as they learn the ropes and adjust to working night shifts.
Thank you for supporting us in prayer.