Please join with us in praying for those we serve. We long to see lives transformed, and for those that we work with to know and experience God’s love and mercy.
Monthly prayer events
Join with us on the second Saturday of each month at 2.30pm to pray for the work of Glasgow City Mission. All welcome. Venue: City Centre project, 20 Crimea St, Glasgow, G2 8PW. See our events listings for more.
We send out regular prayer emails, which contain prayer points along with news about our work to inform your prayers. Email us to start receiving these emails. Please include your full name and postcode when you email us. Your details are safe with us, we will not pass them onto any third parties and we will only send you the information which you have requested from us.
Our latest prayer points can be found below. They are also available to download here: August prayer points. (pdf)
Pray with us
City Centre Project
* Give thanks that some of our guests continue to secure interviews and are finding employment. Others however, including those that have fled to the UK having left behind good jobs, are desperate to work but for many reasons cannot. This is difficult and demoralising. Pray for breakthrough and for job opportunities to open up.
* Give thanks that our new look evening Drop-in is going well. Each evening there is an interactive slot where we look at a passage in the Bible and discuss it round the tables. Men and women who would not previously have engaged with the evening reading are enthusiastically getting involved in the discussions. Please pray this would lead to them having a greater understanding of who God is and a desire to learn more.
* Please keep in your prayers one of our guests who has been trying to reconnect with his son. He is receiving counselling and is also keen to find a local church to attend.
* Give thanks that we have acquired our second Housing First property. Please pray for the person moving in who is excited about making it their new home.
* Give thanks for the local Community Workers that we have recruited, and pray that we will be able to find Community Workers in all of the Housing First locations. These staff will support the tenants to feel at home – both in their flat and in the local community.
Child and Family Centre, Govan
* Give thanks for a great summer holiday club which saw families enjoy healthy breakfasts, games, crafts, pampering sessions, and fun trips and outings. Pray for the new friendships which were formed and existing relationships that were deepened.
* Pray for all the children who will be moving up to new activities after the summer, including all those who will be starting nursery or who will be moving up to school. Pray they settle in quickly and would be equipped to fulfil their potential.