Please join with us in praying for those we serve. We long to see lives transformed, and for those that we work with to know and experience God’s love and mercy.
Monthly prayer events
Join with us on the second Saturday of each month at 2.30pm to pray for the work of Glasgow City Mission. All welcome. Venue: City Centre project, 20 Crimea St, Glasgow, G2 8PW. See our events listings for more.
We send out regular prayer emails, which contain prayer points along with news about our work to inform your prayers. Email us to start receiving these emails. Please include your full name and postcode when you email us. Your details are safe with us, we will not pass them onto any third parties and we will only send you the information which you have requested from us.
Our latest prayer points can be found below. They are also available to download here: March prayer points (pdf)
Pray with us
City Centre Project
* We have recently recruited a chef, which is allowing us to serve full meals at our evening Drop-in. Pray that as we change the format of the Drop-in we would be able to get alongside our guests to help them feel cared for and part of a family.
* Give thanks that our guests are engaging with the great programme of events which we have on at our Urban Cafe. Please pray that all who attend this club will grow in confidence and feel hopeful about the future.
* Give thanks that the Housing First model, which we have been championing, is among recommendations to tackle homelessness in a new Scottish Government report. This model sees people receive stable accommodation along with wrap-around support. Pray that it will be implemented throughout Scotland and will help end homelessness.
* Both our city centre project and the night shelter were able to stay open during the snow storms, and there was a phenomenal response with people and businesses offering their support. Give thanks for people’s compassion and for God’s abundant provision.
Child and Family Centre, Govan
* Give thanks for the ladies who are attending discipleship groups at the centre, and for their questions and inquisitiveness. Pray that all of them would grow in their understanding of who Jesus is and all He has done for them.
* We continue to look for larger premises for the Child and Family Centre. Please pray that God would provide the right accommodation in his timing.
* Pray for the family breakfast clubs which will run in the Easter holidays. Pray everyone would have fun and pray it would be a good opportunity for staff to build deeper relationships with families.
Glasgow Winter Night Shelter
* The night shelter will close on 31 March. Our team are working hard to ensure all the night shelter guests are accommodated before the end of the month. Please pray that they will be successful in this.
* Give thanks for all of the night shelter staff, regular volunteers and church volunteers who have been demonstrating God’s love to men and women who are homeless. As we reach the final stages of this year’s night shelter please pray for continued energy, motivation and good health.