Please join with us in praying for those we serve. We long to see lives transformed, and for those that we work with to know and experience God’s love and mercy.
Monthly prayer events
Join with us on the second Saturday of each month at 2.30pm to pray for the work of Glasgow City Mission. All welcome. Venue: City Centre project, 20 Crimea St, Glasgow, G2 8PW. See our events listings for more.
We send out regular prayer emails, which contain prayer points along with news about our work to inform your prayers. Email us to start receiving these emails. Please include your full name and postcode when you email us. Your details are safe with us, we will not pass them onto any third parties and we will only send you the information which you have requested from us.
Our latest prayer points can be found below. They are also available to download here: October prayer points. (pdf)
Pray with us
City Centre Project
* Please pray for one of our guests who will need a lot of support on their release from hospital. Please pray for our role in his support as he sees us as his only family, and pray too for adequate statutory provision.
* We are able to give some of our guests the role of ‘helper’ where they are given responsibilities in the building. Give thanks that this group are all starting to question faith or make commitments to Jesus. Please pray that they would be a positive influence for each other and would not get sucked into old habits.
* One of our guests has been through years of drug abuse. Give thanks that this month they gave a clear urine sample, which means their system is clear of drugs, and please keep them in your prayers.
* Give thanks that one of our guests has won their asylum appeal! Please continue to pray for them as they adjust to a new season of life.
Glasgow Winter Night Shelter
* Give thanks for successful staff recruitment for this year’s night shelter. All positions have been filled and we have a great team. Pray for volunteers from local churches to support this staff team.
* Pray too for our partner organisations and suppliers, for continued good working relationships and unity of purpose.
Child and Family Centre, Govan
* Give thanks that our discipleship group is going well. At one of the recent meetings we had eight people wanting to learn more about the Lord.
* Give thanks for significant numbers attending our weekly coffee morning. This is a time for parents to get together, share experiences and build new friendships.
* Please continue to pray for our new premises project. We are making progress – please pray for God’s continued favour.