Please join with us in praying for those we serve. We long to see lives transformed, and for those that we work with to know and experience God’s love and mercy.
We send out regular prayer emails, which contain prayer points along with news about our work to inform your prayers. Email us to start receiving these emails. Please include your full name and postcode when you email us. Your details are safe with us, we will not pass them onto any third parties and we will only send you the information which you have requested from us.
Our latest prayer news can be found below. This is also available as a pdf: September prayer news
Pray with us
City Centre Project
*Please pray for our computing class which we run with City of Glasgow College and got off to a good start at the beginning of the new term. Pray too for a new employability course which we are running with the college and which includes topics such as working with others and time management. Pray that our guests will be able to complete the courses they have started and will grow in confidence as they learn practical skills.
* Give thanks that one of our international ladies has now been housed in a flat with her four children. Previously they had been in very unsuitable accommodation. The children can now start school and nursery. Please keep this family in your prayers as they start their new life in Glasgow.
* We now offer a ladies only gym session every Monday. Give thanks that we are able to offer this safe space to women – some of whom have been victims of domestic or sexual violence or human trafficking. Pray too we will be able to build good relationships with these ladies.
Child and Family Centre, Govan
* Give thanks that we have been able to employ a Dads Worker. Please pray that through this new role we will be able to build good relationships with more dads, support them in their parenting and enable them to fulfil their own potential.
* We were able to complete a home makeover for one of the families we work with, helping the family to declutter, deep-clean and paint five rooms. Please pray this will have a positive impact on their health and wellbeing and will also help them develop new friendships as they feel better able to invite people to their home.
Glasgow Winter Night Shelter
* Give thanks for a positive recruitment process for this year’s night shelter. Please pray that in this period between recruitment and the night shelter opening, God would be preparing the team for the work. Pray too for the recruitment of regular volunteers for the night shelter.
* We are very grateful for all of the partners who are essential to the running of the night shelter and to helping guests move on to suitable accommodation. Please pray for protection over relationships with our partners and pray that once again these relationships will help us provide the best possible service for our guests.
Thank you for supporting us in prayer.