Our vision is to see our city and its people flourish, where people are accepted and can experience real change in their lives. The love of Christ continues to compel us to serve others, just as it did when we were established in 1826. We have launched our new and ambitious service plan, which will take us through to 2020.
Grant Campbell, our Chief Executive, says, “Over the past few years, we have witnessed significant growth throughout our services thanks to God’s blessing and your support. The need continues to be great in Glasgow. We believe that God has entrusted us and equipped us to serve the poor and disadvantaged.
“When God plants a vision, bold aspiration should follow.”
What we'll do
Over the next five years we will:
- Grow our Child & Family Centre to strengthen more vulnerable families and give more children in our city the best start possible;
- Launch a feasibility study into providing supported accommodation;
- Make the case for issue-based advocacy to speak up for our clients facing difficulties;
- Grow our services and partnerships to extend the reach and effectiveness of our work;
- Ensure we have the right ratio of staff ‘one to one’ engagement to see real change in our client’s lives;
- Ensure our staff and volunteers are well trained and supported to deliver high standards of care.
We are always examining ways in which we can better serve those caught up in poverty. In the coming months and years we will look forward to sharing more about the vision and the difference it is making to some of the most disadvantaged men, women and families in Glasgow.
Read the full service plan here: Who we are, where we're going (pdf 244Kb)