Amidst a backdrop of growing visibility in street homelessness in Glasgow, Radio Clyde News has been investigating homelessness in Glasgow this week.
They popped into Glasgow City Mission's City Centre project and spoke with staff and the people who come here.
Listen to the interviews:
- Alfie used to be homeless, he now works for Glasgow City Mission and explains what it's like
- Peter lost his home after his parents died. He now comes to Glasgow City Mission
- What does Glasgow City Mission do to help people affected by Glasgow City Mission?
- What is Glasgow City Council doing to tackle homelessness – Cllr Mhairi Hunter
- What is the Scottish Government doing to tackle homelessness – Kevin Stewart MSP Housing Minister
- Clyde News spend the night on Glasgow's streets
- Thomas for the Simon Community discusses homelessness in Glasgow
- H4TH serving more people than ever
- Homeless Action Chief Exec calls for local authorities to do more
How can you make a difference?
- Give - homeless charities like Glasgow City Mission rely on individuals, workplaces, schools, churches and charitable trusts to enable its lifeline work and to provide the much needed help to those in need. A gift of £5 will provide a nourising lunch for someone in need. Donate now.
- Fundraise - could you undertake a challenge, have a bakesale at your workplace or hold an event at your church?
- Volunteer - we've got over 220 amazing volunteers who give up their time week in week out all year round. We've got a number of areas at our projects where we need more volunteers. Please note because we seek to build meaningful relationships with our clients, we don't accept volunteers just for Christmas.
- Pray - nothing that we do will bear any significant fruit without prayer. Get our latest prayer points to your inbox.
- Order Can We Help Cards – useful for handing to people on the streets to connect them to our city centre project where help is available.