We send out regular prayer emails which contain up-to-date news to inform your prayers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name to start receiving these emails.
Your details are safe with us. We will not pass them onto any third parties and we will only send you the information which you have requested.
Latest prayer news
Please see below for our latest prayer news. This is also available to download: Glasgow City Mission April prayer news (pdf).
- As restrictions ease and the weather improves we are planning new activities including a cycling group and regular group walks. Please pray for safety and wisdom as we continue to navigate government guidance.
- Please pray for our daytime drop-in which has re-opened to guests for sit-down meals, having run as a takeaway service since January. This is allowing us to spend more time chatting with guests – helping them to overcome their isolation and finding ways to help meet their individual needs.
- Ahead of elections on 6 May, we are co-hosting Zoom sessions with Scottish Refugee Council for those of our guests who will be voting for the first time in Scotland. The law changed in 2020 and now everyone who has been granted Leave to Remain may vote. Pray for good attendance and that voting helps our international guests feel at home in Scotland.
- Give thanks for our women’s group which has enjoyed cooking together over Zoom these past weeks, with some Nigerian guests sharing their favourite recipes. Give thanks that they are able to connect virtually and to break down cultural barriers in this way.
Child and Family Centre, Govan
- We have eight new children starting in the nursery this term, taking the total to 24. Please pray that they will settle in quickly, have fun and feel safe. Pray that the parents will not feel anxious leaving their children and that staff will get to know the children quickly.
- Our after school clubs for primary children are moving from Zoom to the park. Give thanks that we will be able to meet face to face once again and that lots of children are excited about this. Please pray for staff as they work out the logistics of this as we aim to create a joy-filled, safe place for children to have fun, play and hear more about Jesus.
- Now that the Overnight Welcome Centre has closed for the season, please pray for the 203 guests that stayed with us. Pray that they end up with the right support and permanent housing solutions.
- Please continue to pray for Pam and Lorna, our Housing Settlement Officers, as they continue to work with the guests. Pray this will help our guests access all the support they need.
- Pray for the staff and regular volunteers who may be feeling a bit lost just now after working so hard at the Centre or four months.
Thank you for supporting us in prayer.
Visit our news section for more information about our work.