We send out regular prayer emails which contain up-to-date news to inform your prayers. Email email@example.com with your full name to start receiving these emails.
Your details are safe with us. We will not pass them onto any third parties and we will only send you the information which you have requested.
Latest prayer news
Please see below for our latest prayer news. This is also available to download: Glasgow City Mission May prayer news (pdf).
- We are starting to re-open Urban – guests are once again enjoying music lessons with our music teacher and college classes have moved back from on-line to real life. Give thanks for the community which this brings to our guests and pray for wisdom as we consider what other aspects of Urban could restart in the building.
- Many guests suffer from poor mental health and carry trauma from past experiences. Give thanks for our in-house counselling service and please pray for wisdom and clear thinking for all the big and small decisions our guests need to make.
- Pray for our new Rehab Pathways Team who will be building relationships with people caught in addiction to enable them to access rehab in a timely way and supporting them during and after rehab. Please pray for good relationships with rehabs and good connections with people who would benefit from this new service.
- One of our Iranian guests recently got a job in automation engineering, which means leaving Glasgow for the first year of his employment. Give thanks for this opportunity and pray for him as he leaves friends and family and settles in a new part of the UK. Pray he finds a good church family.
Child and Family Centre, Govan
- Give thanks that we have been able to reconnect with primary school children at our after-school club in the park. Please pray that as we explore the story of Ruth, the children will discover how much God loves them and wants to be involved in their lives. Please also pray for more local volunteers for these groups.
- Thank God we have been able to meet up with some of our international families outdoors. Pray that God will break down language barriers in this group and open up new friendships.
- Pray for our pre-school children at Nursery as they start to think about their transition to school. Pray that children and parents would be free from anxiety and for clear communication from the schools.
- Pray for our Housing Settlement Officers who continue to work with guests who stayed at the Overnight Welcome Centre this winter. Pray their interventions and partnership working will ensure people get the best possible type of accommodation for their needs and will receive all the additional support they require.
Thank you for supporting us in prayer.
Visit our news section for more information about our work.